It’s no secret that staffing issues loom large in the care sector – and the shortage of care workers is something that isn’t likely to be leaving us any time soon.
We believe that the never-ending hunt for people can come to an end – with the help of qualified, well-trained caregivers from English-speaking markets overseas.
You’ll stabilize your workforce and reduce your reliance on overtime, agencies, and unreliable casual labour, by recruiting and on-boarding hard-working, qualified foreign workers to join your team.
Our ICCRC-certified team of Immigration Consultants will help you simplify the recruitment, registration, and documentation of qualified people, while assuring that you stay on-side with ever-changing government regulations affecting temporary foreign workers in every province where you do business.
Here’s the process:
- You decide how many FTE’s are needed to be filled.
- We will recruit workers overseas for you, in two categories: General Helpers (emerging HCA’s), and Advanced Training Helpers (employees who hold advanced training and experience in fields such as nursing).
- You decide the mix of General Helpers and Advanced Training Helpers that you’d like to recruit. They will both be recruited on student visa’s who have a maximum productivity of 0.5 FTE’s during training.
- Recruits arrive in Canada and begin working part time for you, as they attend HCA training at a local college. Intakes are monthly.
- You have the option at any time to fast track any employee to take the HCA licensing exam.
- Labour market impact assessments are generated (and approval obtained) prior to the graduation date of each intake of students.
- Employees/students graduate and pass their provincial licensing exams, and commit to a 2-year full time engagement with your company.
- Employees who fail to pass the HCA licensing exam can enter a special 12 week upgrading course.