Compassion Business Trust is dedicated to enhancing the support and quality of life for seniors living in western Canada. The Good Samaritan Society is the company’s shareholder and beneficiary.
Darryl Turner, CA, CGA Chair of the Board
Darryl is a long-time strategic leader in the senior care business, and brings a record of senior leadership on major IT and operations initiatives for corporations including Etelligent Solutions Inc., Stantec Global Technologies Inc., Liquor Stores Income Fund, and Nuna Group.
Wayne Petersen Director
Wayne’s experience includes:
- Vice Chair, Good Samaritan Society
- North & Company, Barristers and Solicitors (Partner, Managing Partner, and Counsel)
- Lethbridge Bar Association (1st Vice President and President)
- Lethbridge Community College (Lecturer – Continuing Legal Education Program)
- Lethbridge Chamber of Commerce (Committee Chairman)
- Downtown Kiwanis Club (Member)
- Central Business District Redevelopment Task Force (Member-At-Large)
- City of Lethbridge – Development Appeal Board (Member and Chair)
- St. Michael’s Health Centre (Chairman of the Board of Trustees)
- Military (Honorary Lieutenant-Colonel)
George Vanderburg Director
George is the former 3-term member of the Alberta Legislative Assembly from WhiteCourt, and Minister of Seniors and Community Supports.
He is a recipient of the Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal, awarded to Canadians who made outstanding and exemplary contributions to their communities or to Canada as a whole.
James Simone, MBA VP, Business Development
James has lead both operations and major business development initiatives in the consulting, healthcare, and hospitality industries for organizations including Delta, Marriott, NMG Groupcare, CLS, and Caffeine Group.
He has worked extensively on service-improvement, organizational-transformation programs, and market growth initiatives with healthcare and long term care providers and suppliers in the US market, including Front Porch, St. John Health, Lauren’s County Health System, University of Vermont Health System, Healthstream, and others.
Compassion Business Trust
8861-75 St NW
Canada T6C 4G8
403.796.5172 | 780.851.9988
Contact: James Simone, Vice President, Business Development, or, via this handy little form: